- My t-shirts are homemade. Colette makes them for me using Avery inkjet transfer paper for dark clothing. The plain t-shirts are purchased from the t-shirt making stations at American Girl Place. (Just ask for a t-shirt with no design.) Find any image you like online, print it on the transfer paper, and iron it on. The Barack Obama shirts were specially made during the 2008 Presidential Election.
- Ice Bat, my favorite toy, is an Ugly Doll. He was originally a keychain, but has had the keychain attachment removed to make him into a doll-sized lovey. Ugly Doll makes quite a few (34) different keychains, so find the one you find cutest! I have Ice Bat, Secret Mission Ice Bat, and Poe. You can get Ugly Doll toys online or in premium toy shops.
- The Ukrainian outfit Violet wears was handmade by a seamstress. Colette made the vinok, or headdress, herself.
- Cheburashka is a creature from a popular Russian cartoon. You can learn a lot about him by googling "Cheburashka." The Cheburashka toys that Violet and I have were purchased in Ukraine. These same toys can also be found in many Russian shops on Brighton Beach Avenue in Brooklyn, New York, such as St. Petersburg Books and Children's World.
- My New Year ornaments came from one of those vending machines you find in the front of grocery stores. Unfortunately they don't have anything stamped on them that could help me find them online.
Friday, September 25, 2009
I get lots of comments & e-mails about the things I wear and the things I play with. Here's an entry telling you where you can buy stuff like mine!
Hey Guys! Can you believe summer's over? Fall means it's back to school for me- not that it's a big deal, since I'm unschooled.
Thank you for your compliments on my shirt in my last entry. It's a homemade Sputnik shirt. Kudos to you if you recognized the image!
I've been home from Violet's for about a month... I'm super behind on updating.
What kind of adventures do you think I should go on this fall?
Posted by Inky at 2:54 AM